Physician volunteers needed
Jan. 28, 6pm • Lucky Labrador Public House, Multnomah Village
MSMP is seeking physicians to speak and interact with our Medical Student members at our “Planning Your Future as a Physician” event. Focus groups, MSMP staff, medical students, and OHSU faculty have designed programs for our student members that serve as invaluable resources by providing social and professional interaction and pairing it with education beyond their curriculum. This MSMP-planned event is geared towards 1st and 2nd year students who want to learn the pros and cons of employment versus independent practice. Dinner will be served. Any physicians interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you have experience from being employed, independent practice or both.
Areas of Interest
Pay online with a bank account or credit card:
Components of the program, tailored specifically to physicians, create a safe harbor to obtain help. Features include:
* Appointments within 24 hours of request, including before or after office hours. Immediate emergency appointments available.
* No diagnosis is made; no insurance is billed; no electronic record is created.
* Private setting--counseling in a dedicated confidential room within the Medical Society offices
* Free to our Members and accessible to all physicians
* No information disclosed to others without the physician's written consent (imminent risk of danger to self or others excepted)
* No role in disciplinary or fitness-for-duty evaluations
Click here for more information
for the ROB DELF HONORARY AWARD
The Board of Trustees of MSMP has created an annual award in honor of the long service of Rob Delf to the organization. This award is to be given to a person or persons who exemplify the ideals of the Medical Society within the community where members practice. This can be demonstrated by work projects or activities that improve the health of the community or the practice of medicine...
Click here for more information and to make a nomination.