Components of the program, tailored specifically to physicians, create a safe harbor to obtain help. Features include:
* Appointments within 24 hours of request, including before or after office hours. Immediate emergency appointments available.
* No diagnosis is made; no insurance is billed; no electronic record is created.
* Private setting--counseling in a dedicated confidential room within the Medical Society offices
* Free to our Members and accessible to all physicians
* No information disclosed to others without the physician's written consent (imminent risk of danger to self or others excepted)
* No role in disciplinary or fitness-for-duty evaluations
More information can be found here.